EXPERIMENTAL MODELS FOR
EXPLORING SPATIAL AWARENESS
JUNE 26th – JULY 2nd, 2017
A 7 days Master Class exploring experimental models enhancing the awareness of space.
Led by TRIANGULAR PROJECT
Sandra Volny: www.sandravolny.com
Florine Leoni: www.florineleoni.net
Macarena Ruiz-Tagle: www.macarenaruiztagle.com
LOCATION : The Greek Island Kefalonia.
TIME : June 26th –July 2nd 2017
OPENING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS : December 1st 2016
DEADLINES FOR SUBMISSION : March 30th, 2017
- “Working on site, TRIANGULAR will develop a series of workshops together with the participants in order to enhance spatial awareness (consciousness of the limits of our body and senses in space with the possibility of working, researching and creating at sites on the Kefalonian Island environment.)
- Through various methodological models: actions/situations, spontaneous drawings, field recordings and ethnographic camera exploration; the aim is to concentrate on the impact of territory from an emotional , aural and mental state perspective.”
- Visual/sound artists, designers, photographers, architects, performers interested in experimenting various situations and methodological models exploring the impact and possibilities of aural, visual and mental (emotional/psychological) spatial awareness.
- Working on site, TRIANGULAR will develop a series of workshops together with the participants in order to enhance spatial awareness (consciousness of the limits of our body and senses in space).
- Through various methodological models: actions/situations, spontaneous drawings, field recordings and ethnographic camera exploration; the aim is to concentrate on the impact of territory from an emotional , aural and mental state perspective.
- Applicants working in the fields of visual arts, design, photography, architecture, performance, theater, psychology and anyone who is interested to experiment space through subjectivity and the main fields of TRIANGULAR : auditory spatial awareness, psychological/mental space, optical/perceptual space, are welcome to participate.
- The learning process will include presentations by the artists of the conceptual frame as well as technical workshops in order to provide the participants with tools to explore their own practice.
- Participants will be encouraged to develop their own project out of these experiments: collecting, developing and selecting one specific experiment on site.
- At the end of the master-class, the participants will be invited to present a gesture, a photography, a sound recording, a small installation, a video, a performance, an action or experimental act in a collective set up responding to TRIANGULAR’s original exhibition. The artistic experiments will then resonate and further the inquiries about spatial awareness.
- Note: Participants are responsible to bring their personal laptop, software, digital camera and/ or microphone depending on the project they wish to develop during the master class.
- Class members will develop various methodologies to explore spatial awareness.
- Participants will have the chance to exhibit their own work at the end of the workshop.
- They will gain insight in a selection of works by international artists working the field of spatial awareness and will be exposed to a broad spectrum of ideas.
- The workshop gives the participants the chance to meet and interact with other artists and potential collaborators from all over the world.
- The participants will present and reflect on each other’s practice.
- The workshop offers the opportunity to learn various practical as well as theoretical
- The workshop offers time to dedicate to an experimentation project.
A 7 DAYS MASTERCLASS PROGRAM
- Daily action practice-based exploring spatial awareness.
- Conceptual/ theoretical lectures related to contemporary art practices led by each artist from the collective Triangular in its field of interest (auditory spatial awareness,optical/perceptual space, mental/emotional space).
- Specific methodologies and process experimentations related to Triangular artistic practice.
- Practical workshops applied to conceptual and performative process including audio-visual field recording and editing. For example using field recording sound devices and microphones, filming with different cameras, gaining insight in different filmicapproaches such as camera ethnography, the participatory and/or observing camera.
- Create a color study of daylight on site. Identify the specific colors in order to make a collection and elaborate a feasible map of the island´s tones. Make connections between the students and the locals color perception of their environment.
- Triangular’s artist talk presenting the exhibition at the Ionion Center for the Arts and Culture.
- Development by the participants of a personal project with support and inputs byTriangular’s instructors .
- Preparation of a final presentation by the participants.
- Exhibition by the participants of their personal project at the Ionion Center for the Arts and Culture with a final discussion of individual or collective produced works.
Certificate of participation will be available.
- Note: Participants are responsible to bring their personal laptop, softwares, digital camera and/ or microphone depending on the project they wish to develop during the master class.
- ΑPPLICATION- TERMS – CONDITIONS – FEES
Application is required through web application form at the address :
Email application is also acceptable to the email -address : firstname.lastname@example.org
In all cases is required the follow information in word document :full name of the applicant , postal address, phone, country , email address, web site(if available), profession, discipline , short statement of the applicant no longer than 200 words , short cv no longer than 200 words. In case of group /collective project( group -school- organization) is required title of the group -school- organization, full name of the person representing OR leading the group , postal address, phone, country , email address, web site(if available) of the group -school- organization , short statement no longer than 200 words , short cv of every group member no longer than 200 words.
Every submission requires an application/entry fee of euro 30, non refundable.
Each Application toward been considered must be completed including the follow:
Short submission notice -3 lines- in word document addressed via email to the address email@example.com
- The transfer confirm of the entry fee payment, Euro 30 for every separate application.
- CV/Biography of the participant or CV/Biography for each of the group members in case of group project(text in word document non exceeding the 200 words)
- A short statement (text in word document not exceeding the 200 words, short description of the expectations of the participant).
PARTICIPATION FEES/ INFO: firstname.lastname@example.org
All the completed participations on the program are eligible for the year Grants 2017 of the Ionion Center for the Arts and Culture
- Grants connected to the residency of the year program : Starting from 1000 up to 30.000euro.
- Grants connected to the SEA(S) FORUM: Starting from 2000 up to 50.000euro per year(in case of participation in the SEA(S)2017).
For detailed info about APPLICATIONS,TERMS, CONDITIONS, FEES , PAYMENTS METHODS &
PERSONAL SUPPORT : email@example.com
APPLICATIONS : http://goo.gl/forms/q2f8aD9uzk
APPLICATIONS BY EMAIL :firstname.lastname@example.org